41 IPS officers transferred in Uttar Pradesh; SSP appointed in Firozabad
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh government on Monday transferred 41 senior IPS officers, posting a Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) in Firozabad, where two police constables have been shot dead by unidentified assailants leading to violent protests.
SP/Deputy Director (Traffic Directorate, Lucknow) Ajay Mohan Sharma has been made the new SSP of Firozabad, a Home Department spokesman said.
The earlier district police chief of Firozabad Rakesh Kumar Singh was suspended on May 25 after an eyewitness in a murder case was shot dead in the district.
The government removed Mirzapur DIG Rajesh Kumar Srivastava and posted DIG (Security, Lucknow) M D Karndhar in his place, besides posting DIG Vijay Kuamr Garg, under transfer to Azamgarh, as DIG to Devi Patan and DIG (Intelligence, Lucknow) Laxmi Narayan to Basti on the same post, the spokesman said.
Ram Bahadur, attached to the DG office, has been made the SP of Sonebhadra. SSP of Bulandshahr Umesh Kumar was replaced by Akhilesh Kumar, who was earlier attached to the DG office here.
Dharamvir, who was under transfer to Auraiya as SP, has been made the SSP of Moradabad. Lav Kumar, ADC of Governor, has been made the SSP of Etah, the spokesman said.
Commandant of 37 Battalion PAC Pawan Kumar has been made Jaunpur SP, Commandant of 25 Battalion PAC Rahul has been made Balrampur SP and Commandant of 15 Battalion PAC Akhilesh Kumar has been made SP of Auraiya.
Bahraich SP Happy Guptan has been attached to the DGP office here, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees