5-century-old idol of Lord Krishna stolen in Mathura
Mathura: A five-century-old idol of Lord Krishna and Radha was allegedly stolen from a temple in Saket village in the district on Monday, police said.
The theft took place while a marriage was taking place in the village and the residents were engrossed in the celebrations, said SSP Gulab Singh.
Two teams of police have been formed to trace the idol, he said.
The idol is made of eight metals and is too heavy, said priest of Radharaman temple Trilokchand, adding that it took three persons to move it.
Saket village is located between Nandgaon and Barsana.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- China unveils world's largest amphibious aircraft
- WATCH: SPINE-CHILLING! Goldberg makes WWE debut, spears The Rock!
- Sharad Pawar's MCA accepts SC verdict in toto, to rewrite constitution
- Ayushmann Khurrana rocks Seattle with his moonwalk, singing! Watch video
- GST bill will continue to rule market sentiments