5-century-old idol of Lord Krishna stolen in Mathura
Mathura: A five-century-old idol of Lord Krishna and Radha was allegedly stolen from a temple in Saket village in the district on Monday, police said.
The theft took place while a marriage was taking place in the village and the residents were engrossed in the celebrations, said SSP Gulab Singh.
Two teams of police have been formed to trace the idol, he said.
The idol is made of eight metals and is too heavy, said priest of Radharaman temple Trilokchand, adding that it took three persons to move it.
Saket village is located between Nandgaon and Barsana.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed in Tamil Nadu Assembly; didn't use force on crowd, says Chennai Police Commissioner
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur