5-century-old idol of Lord Krishna stolen in Mathura
Mathura: A five-century-old idol of Lord Krishna and Radha was allegedly stolen from a temple in Saket village in the district on Monday, police said.
The theft took place while a marriage was taking place in the village and the residents were engrossed in the celebrations, said SSP Gulab Singh.
Two teams of police have been formed to trace the idol, he said.
The idol is made of eight metals and is too heavy, said priest of Radharaman temple Trilokchand, adding that it took three persons to move it.
Saket village is located between Nandgaon and Barsana.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town