5-century-old idol of Lord Krishna stolen in Mathura
Mathura: A five-century-old idol of Lord Krishna and Radha was allegedly stolen from a temple in Saket village in the district on Monday, police said.
The theft took place while a marriage was taking place in the village and the residents were engrossed in the celebrations, said SSP Gulab Singh.
Two teams of police have been formed to trace the idol, he said.
The idol is made of eight metals and is too heavy, said priest of Radharaman temple Trilokchand, adding that it took three persons to move it.
Saket village is located between Nandgaon and Barsana.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Jurgen Klopp tries to keep peace with frustrated Daniel Sturridge
- Iraqi, Syrian foreign ministers meet in Baghdad
- Will not be bullied, will definitely visit Pakistan to talk peace: Ramya
- Xioami Redmi Note 4 launched, comes with 10-core processor, 4,100 mAh battery
- Michel Platini at sports court for Sepp Blatter appeal