5 children fall ill after consuming poisonous sweets in Mathura

 At least five children have fallen ill after consuming poisonous sweets in Majhoi village here, police said today.

Mathura: At least five children have fallen ill after consuming poisonous sweets in Majhoi village here, police said today.

Police said one Ravi took 'ghevar' to his relative's place on Tuesday. The children there consumed it and started vomiting.

They were later admitted to a private hospital in Kosi Kalan area in a critical condition, they said.

Ravi had also taken the same sweet to another relative, where three children ate it and fell ill thereafter. They were admitted to a nursing home.

Ravi told police that he had purchased the sweet from a makeshift stall on Delhi-Agra bypass, police said.

A prob into the case is underway. 

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. You can find out more by clicking this link

Close