5 drug peddlers held, heroin worth Rs 1.25 cr seized
Lucknow: Five alleged drug peddlers, including two engineering students, were arrested on Monday from Puranpur area in Pilibhit district and heroin worth about Rs 1.25 crore in the international market were seized from them, police said.
Acting on a tip-off, Shantanu and Nakul --both B.Tech students of Hindustan University, Chennai and three others were arrested from Khamaria tri-section of the district, they said.
The police recovered 600 gm heroine, worth Rs 1.25 crore in the international market, from their possession.
Meanwhile, efforts are on to elicit more information from the arrested persons about their gang, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- Valentine week: Celebrate 'Kiss Day' with these unique kisses!
- 4th ODI: South Africa vs England - Hosts win game by solitary wicket to level series