5 drug peddlers held, heroin worth Rs 1.25 cr seized
Lucknow: Five alleged drug peddlers, including two engineering students, were arrested on Monday from Puranpur area in Pilibhit district and heroin worth about Rs 1.25 crore in the international market were seized from them, police said.
Acting on a tip-off, Shantanu and Nakul --both B.Tech students of Hindustan University, Chennai and three others were arrested from Khamaria tri-section of the district, they said.
The police recovered 600 gm heroine, worth Rs 1.25 crore in the international market, from their possession.
Meanwhile, efforts are on to elicit more information from the arrested persons about their gang, they added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference