5 drug peddlers held, heroin worth Rs 1.25 cr seized
Lucknow: Five alleged drug peddlers, including two engineering students, were arrested on Monday from Puranpur area in Pilibhit district and heroin worth about Rs 1.25 crore in the international market were seized from them, police said.
Acting on a tip-off, Shantanu and Nakul --both B.Tech students of Hindustan University, Chennai and three others were arrested from Khamaria tri-section of the district, they said.
The police recovered 600 gm heroine, worth Rs 1.25 crore in the international market, from their possession.
Meanwhile, efforts are on to elicit more information from the arrested persons about their gang, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- Six killed, 25 injured in bus-truck collusion in China
- Rajnath Singh assures alternative to pellet guns in Kashmir; Mufti says stone-pelting, attacking security camps won't bring peace
- Rs 5 lakh compensation to family of woman devoured by dogs in Kerala
- At least 3 killed in suicide attack in Afghanistan's Balkh province
- UN General Assembly President-elect to visit India