5 drug peddlers held, heroin worth Rs 1.25 cr seized
Lucknow: Five alleged drug peddlers, including two engineering students, were arrested on Monday from Puranpur area in Pilibhit district and heroin worth about Rs 1.25 crore in the international market were seized from them, police said.
Acting on a tip-off, Shantanu and Nakul --both B.Tech students of Hindustan University, Chennai and three others were arrested from Khamaria tri-section of the district, they said.
The police recovered 600 gm heroine, worth Rs 1.25 crore in the international market, from their possession.
Meanwhile, efforts are on to elicit more information from the arrested persons about their gang, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- MCA lifts ban on Shah Rukh Khan from visting Wankhede staduim
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr