5 drug peddlers held, heroin worth Rs 1.25 cr seized
Lucknow: Five alleged drug peddlers, including two engineering students, were arrested on Monday from Puranpur area in Pilibhit district and heroin worth about Rs 1.25 crore in the international market were seized from them, police said.
Acting on a tip-off, Shantanu and Nakul --both B.Tech students of Hindustan University, Chennai and three others were arrested from Khamaria tri-section of the district, they said.
The police recovered 600 gm heroine, worth Rs 1.25 crore in the international market, from their possession.
Meanwhile, efforts are on to elicit more information from the arrested persons about their gang, they added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Boon for SC/ST candidates? Birth, caste certificates likely to be merged