5 killed, 21 seriously injured as bus collides with tractor
Moradabad: Five persons were killed and 21
seriously injured when a bus rammed into a tractor trolley
near Hathipur village here, police said today.
The accident occurred last night when a Uttar Pradesh
State Road Transport Corporation (UPSRTC) bus, on way to
Moradabad city, collided with the tractor at Chandausi road in
the district, DIG Moradabad B P Singh said.
"Five persons died on the spot and 21 people were
seriously injured. They were taken to the nearby DDU
Government hospital," he said.
An inquiry has been ordered into the incident, he said,
adding that the bodies have been sent for post-mortem, as most
of them could not be identified.
District Magistrate S C Sharma has announced an ex gratia
of Rs 50,000 to the kin of the deceased and Rs 20,000 each to
the seriously injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Caught! Top model arrested in high-profile drug racket case — Know details
- Rs 40,000 crore Arunachal border road could be a liability, warns Indian Army
- Xiaomi Qicycle Electric Folding Bike: Features
- THIS Bollywood director has filed a defamation case against Kamaal R Khan! - Read more
- Anil Kumble pips Ravi Shastri to become new coach of Team India