5 killed, 21 seriously injured as bus collides with tractor
Moradabad: Five persons were killed and 21
seriously injured when a bus rammed into a tractor trolley
near Hathipur village here, police said today.
The accident occurred last night when a Uttar Pradesh
State Road Transport Corporation (UPSRTC) bus, on way to
Moradabad city, collided with the tractor at Chandausi road in
the district, DIG Moradabad B P Singh said.
"Five persons died on the spot and 21 people were
seriously injured. They were taken to the nearby DDU
Government hospital," he said.
An inquiry has been ordered into the incident, he said,
adding that the bodies have been sent for post-mortem, as most
of them could not be identified.
District Magistrate S C Sharma has announced an ex gratia
of Rs 50,000 to the kin of the deceased and Rs 20,000 each to
the seriously injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?