5 killed, 21 seriously injured as bus collides with tractor
Moradabad: Five persons were killed and 21
seriously injured when a bus rammed into a tractor trolley
near Hathipur village here, police said today.
The accident occurred last night when a Uttar Pradesh
State Road Transport Corporation (UPSRTC) bus, on way to
Moradabad city, collided with the tractor at Chandausi road in
the district, DIG Moradabad B P Singh said.
"Five persons died on the spot and 21 people were
seriously injured. They were taken to the nearby DDU
Government hospital," he said.
An inquiry has been ordered into the incident, he said,
adding that the bodies have been sent for post-mortem, as most
of them could not be identified.
District Magistrate S C Sharma has announced an ex gratia
of Rs 50,000 to the kin of the deceased and Rs 20,000 each to
the seriously injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional