5 members of inter-state gang of vehicle looters arrested
Lucknow: Five members of an inter-state
gang of robbers, which used to loot vehicles by killing their
drivers, were arrested by Special Task Force following an
encounter in Gorakhpur today.
On a tip off about the presence of a gang involved in
booking vehicles to bordering Nepal and looting them after
killing their drivers, STF with the help of the Gorakhpur
police arrested five people at jail by-pass after an
encounter", ADG Law and Order Brij Lal told reporters.
The accused during interrogation told STF that they
had booked a Bolero for Nepal on February 18 where they fed
intoxicants to the driver before strangulating him, the ADG
said adding that body was disposed off in the jungles.
While four of those arrested belonged to Gorakhpur,
one hails from Kapilvastu, Nepal. The gang leader, Butler Rai
was killed by the STF in an encounter in Maharajganj on June
6, he said.
Three country made revolvers, two knives, four
mobile phones, intoxicanting tablets and a motorcycle have
been recovered from their possession, the ADG added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred