5 members of inter-state gang of vehicle looters arrested
Lucknow: Five members of an inter-state
gang of robbers, which used to loot vehicles by killing their
drivers, were arrested by Special Task Force following an
encounter in Gorakhpur today.
On a tip off about the presence of a gang involved in
booking vehicles to bordering Nepal and looting them after
killing their drivers, STF with the help of the Gorakhpur
police arrested five people at jail by-pass after an
encounter", ADG Law and Order Brij Lal told reporters.
The accused during interrogation told STF that they
had booked a Bolero for Nepal on February 18 where they fed
intoxicants to the driver before strangulating him, the ADG
said adding that body was disposed off in the jungles.
While four of those arrested belonged to Gorakhpur,
one hails from Kapilvastu, Nepal. The gang leader, Butler Rai
was killed by the STF in an encounter in Maharajganj on June
6, he said.
Three country made revolvers, two knives, four
mobile phones, intoxicanting tablets and a motorcycle have
been recovered from their possession, the ADG added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations