5 security personnel held with over Rs 5cr contraband in UP
Ghazipur: Five security personnel
deployed in the duty of a local opium factory have been
arrested with contraband worth over Rs five crore in the
international market, police said here on Monday.
Acting on a tip-off, a joint team of Jangipur police and
ATS arrested two Central Industrial Security Force (CISF)
personnel late last night from near Mithapara village here and
recovered over two kilo morphine and Rs 10 lakh cash from
their possession, SP L Ravi Kumar said.
On information provided by the arrested duo, police
raided the house of a constable in the factory premises early
this morning and arrested three more security personnel while
they were negotiating a deal, Kumar said.
Rs 7.38 lakh cash, 720 grams morphine, mobile phones and
illegal cartridges were seized during the raid, he said.
The SP claimed that the trio during interrogation have
confessed to smuggle the contraband.
Efforts are on to ascertain if more security personnel
were involved in the racket, the SP said, adding that the
police department has announcing a cash reward for the team
which arrested the culprits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISIS threat: Home Ministry holds meeting with 12 state DGPs
- Delhi: Doctor found dead in RML hospital's parking lot
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Playing politics on terror: Is this how the govt will combat terrorism?
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement