5 security personnel held with over Rs 5cr contraband in UP
Ghazipur: Five security personnel
deployed in the duty of a local opium factory have been
arrested with contraband worth over Rs five crore in the
international market, police said here on Monday.
Acting on a tip-off, a joint team of Jangipur police and
ATS arrested two Central Industrial Security Force (CISF)
personnel late last night from near Mithapara village here and
recovered over two kilo morphine and Rs 10 lakh cash from
their possession, SP L Ravi Kumar said.
On information provided by the arrested duo, police
raided the house of a constable in the factory premises early
this morning and arrested three more security personnel while
they were negotiating a deal, Kumar said.
Rs 7.38 lakh cash, 720 grams morphine, mobile phones and
illegal cartridges were seized during the raid, he said.
The SP claimed that the trio during interrogation have
confessed to smuggle the contraband.
Efforts are on to ascertain if more security personnel
were involved in the racket, the SP said, adding that the
police department has announcing a cash reward for the team
which arrested the culprits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof