500 detonators, 15 kg of explosives seized in Mirzapur
Lucknow: In a huge explosives haul, about
500 detonators and 15 kg of ammonium nitrate were seized and
three persons arrested in this connection in Mirzapur district
of Uttar Pradesh, police said on Saturday.
Acting on a tip-off, a police team intercepted three
persons travelling by a motorcycle in Devar area yesterday,
police officials said here.
About 500 detonators, 15 kg of ammonium nitrate and 26
bundles of fuse wire were seized from the trio, they said.
Ammonium nitrate is commonly used as a fertiliser, but
can also be used as an oxidising agent in explosives,
including improvised explosive devices.
A case has been registered and further investigations are
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living