51 people arrested for Maharajganj violence
Lucknow: Fifty one people were arrested and
the in-charge of Thuthibari police station in Maharajganj was
suspended in connection with arson that followed the murder of
a village head in the district yesterday.
"Incharge of Thuthibari police station has been placed
under suspension with immediate effect on charges of laxity in
execution of official responsibility," an official spokesman
He said three separate cases have been lodged in
connection with the arson and murder and in total, 51 persons
"While four persons were arrested for village head`s
murder, 47 were arrested for torching the houses," the
Ten people, including five children, were either burned
alive or died due to asphyxia when a mob, angry over the
murder of village head Dina Nath Singh in Digahi village,
torched houses of two accused.
Dina Nath Singh was shot dead by Ayodhya Dubey, Dwarka
Dubey, Krishna Murari, Dhirendra Kumar Dubey and others over
an old land dispute in Digahi village, Special Director
General of Police (law and order) Brij Lal had told reporters
He said that police detained some accused after facing
resistance from the supporters of Dina Nath.
Once the police party left agitated over the incident,
the supporters of Dina Nath torched houses of Dwarka Dubey and
Ayodhya Dubey in which five children, two men and three women
were burnt alive, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city