54 people died in fire incidents in UP this summer
Lucknow: Fifty four persons have died and six others were injured, while 4,012 houses were gutted in various incidents of fire in Uttar Pradesh this summer.
Revenue Minister Ambika Chowdhury in reply to a question by Congress leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi in the state Assembly said that 54 persons have died, six others got injured and 4,012 houses were turned to ashes in fire incidents that took place in the state.
As a relief measure, the state government has disbursed Rs 1.96 crores from National Disaster Relief Fund (NDRF), he added.
Joshi, raised the matter during the Question Hour in which she sought to know relief measures initiated by the state government.
In his reply, the Revenue Minister said that Rs 1.5 lakh was given to the victim`s family.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users