54 people died in fire incidents in UP this summer
Lucknow: Fifty four persons have died and six others were injured, while 4,012 houses were gutted in various incidents of fire in Uttar Pradesh this summer.
Revenue Minister Ambika Chowdhury in reply to a question by Congress leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi in the state Assembly said that 54 persons have died, six others got injured and 4,012 houses were turned to ashes in fire incidents that took place in the state.
As a relief measure, the state government has disbursed Rs 1.96 crores from National Disaster Relief Fund (NDRF), he added.
Joshi, raised the matter during the Question Hour in which she sought to know relief measures initiated by the state government.
In his reply, the Revenue Minister said that Rs 1.5 lakh was given to the victim`s family.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- French Finance Min: France, Germany agree Britain should start process to leave EU quickly
- Syria attack so far leaves 25 children dead: UNICEF
- Chaitanya Padukone pens book on 'Pancham Da'
- Japanese girl hit by train while using smartphone
- Trupti Desai seeks God's blessing ahead of Bombay HC verdict on women's entry in Haji Ali Dargah case