54 people died in fire incidents in UP this summer
Lucknow: Fifty four persons have died and six others were injured, while 4,012 houses were gutted in various incidents of fire in Uttar Pradesh this summer.
Revenue Minister Ambika Chowdhury in reply to a question by Congress leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi in the state Assembly said that 54 persons have died, six others got injured and 4,012 houses were turned to ashes in fire incidents that took place in the state.
As a relief measure, the state government has disbursed Rs 1.96 crores from National Disaster Relief Fund (NDRF), he added.
Joshi, raised the matter during the Question Hour in which she sought to know relief measures initiated by the state government.
In his reply, the Revenue Minister said that Rs 1.5 lakh was given to the victim`s family.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!