54 people died in fire incidents in UP this summer
Lucknow: Fifty four persons have died and six others were injured, while 4,012 houses were gutted in various incidents of fire in Uttar Pradesh this summer.
Revenue Minister Ambika Chowdhury in reply to a question by Congress leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi in the state Assembly said that 54 persons have died, six others got injured and 4,012 houses were turned to ashes in fire incidents that took place in the state.
As a relief measure, the state government has disbursed Rs 1.96 crores from National Disaster Relief Fund (NDRF), he added.
Joshi, raised the matter during the Question Hour in which she sought to know relief measures initiated by the state government.
In his reply, the Revenue Minister said that Rs 1.5 lakh was given to the victim`s family.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Car crushed between 2 trucks in Telangana, 5 dead
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system?
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part II
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part III
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part IV
- Kolkata civic body orders testing of bread samples
- Two journalists asked to leave army event as they didn't stand up during national anthem
- Huawei files lawsuits accusing Samsung of violating patents
- In Pakistan's Lahore, school attacked after teacher ''rapes'' student
- Israel's Lieberman agrees terms to join Netanyahu government - spokesman