54 people died in fire incidents in UP this summer
Lucknow: Fifty four persons have died and six others were injured, while 4,012 houses were gutted in various incidents of fire in Uttar Pradesh this summer.
Revenue Minister Ambika Chowdhury in reply to a question by Congress leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi in the state Assembly said that 54 persons have died, six others got injured and 4,012 houses were turned to ashes in fire incidents that took place in the state.
As a relief measure, the state government has disbursed Rs 1.96 crores from National Disaster Relief Fund (NDRF), he added.
Joshi, raised the matter during the Question Hour in which she sought to know relief measures initiated by the state government.
In his reply, the Revenue Minister said that Rs 1.5 lakh was given to the victim`s family.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'