55 travellers in UP found unconscious in bus
Lucknow: Fifty-five people travelling in a chartered bus, including the driver and conductor, were found unconscious in a Uttar Pradesh town early Tuesday, police said.
A passerby raised an alarm after spotting the bus with unconscious passengers near a check post in Saharanpur, some 575 km from here. The bus was coming from Bijnor and headed to Gangoh, a police official said.
The passengers were rushed to a nearby medical facility. The condition of 35 people is stated to be serious.
An eye witness said that a man has been arrested on suspicion that he drugged the passengers by feeding them drug-laced eatables.
"We have launched an investigating. Hopefully more arrests would be made soon," a police officer told a news agency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'