55 travellers in UP found unconscious in bus
Lucknow: Fifty-five people travelling in a chartered bus, including the driver and conductor, were found unconscious in a Uttar Pradesh town early Tuesday, police said.
A passerby raised an alarm after spotting the bus with unconscious passengers near a check post in Saharanpur, some 575 km from here. The bus was coming from Bijnor and headed to Gangoh, a police official said.
The passengers were rushed to a nearby medical facility. The condition of 35 people is stated to be serious.
An eye witness said that a man has been arrested on suspicion that he drugged the passengers by feeding them drug-laced eatables.
"We have launched an investigating. Hopefully more arrests would be made soon," a police officer told a news agency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends