55 travellers in UP found unconscious in bus
Lucknow: Fifty-five people travelling in a chartered bus, including the driver and conductor, were found unconscious in a Uttar Pradesh town early Tuesday, police said.
A passerby raised an alarm after spotting the bus with unconscious passengers near a check post in Saharanpur, some 575 km from here. The bus was coming from Bijnor and headed to Gangoh, a police official said.
The passengers were rushed to a nearby medical facility. The condition of 35 people is stated to be serious.
An eye witness said that a man has been arrested on suspicion that he drugged the passengers by feeding them drug-laced eatables.
"We have launched an investigating. Hopefully more arrests would be made soon," a police officer told a news agency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Keith Urban celebrates 10th anniversary with Nicole Kidman
- An award must go to Fawad Khan for his hilarious expression while hugging Deepika Padukone!
- Greg Chappell strikes! Former coach claims team took short-cuts, key players selfish
- Make-up earns men's admiration, women's jealousy
- Asha Kumari appointed AICC incharge of Punjab