55 travellers in UP found unconscious in bus
Lucknow: Fifty-five people travelling in a chartered bus, including the driver and conductor, were found unconscious in a Uttar Pradesh town early Tuesday, police said.
A passerby raised an alarm after spotting the bus with unconscious passengers near a check post in Saharanpur, some 575 km from here. The bus was coming from Bijnor and headed to Gangoh, a police official said.
The passengers were rushed to a nearby medical facility. The condition of 35 people is stated to be serious.
An eye witness said that a man has been arrested on suspicion that he drugged the passengers by feeding them drug-laced eatables.
"We have launched an investigating. Hopefully more arrests would be made soon," a police officer told a news agency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by Fadnavis, Rijiju; Aviation Minister apologises
- Washington Navy Yard lockdown: As it happened