600 booked for violence
Lucknow: Cases have been slapped against nearly 600 people in Uttar Pradesh`s Banda district for indulging in violence after a truck ran over a student, police said on Thursday.
Sushil Kumar`s death Tuesday in Chapad village triggered violence that left about 10 policemen injured. Fellow students also set fire to a dozen vehicles.
Police inspector Rakesh Mishra said in Banda, some 200 km from Lucknow, that those booked had attacked policemen and damaged public property.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB