600 booked for violence
Lucknow: Cases have been slapped against nearly 600 people in Uttar Pradesh`s Banda district for indulging in violence after a truck ran over a student, police said on Thursday.
Sushil Kumar`s death Tuesday in Chapad village triggered violence that left about 10 policemen injured. Fellow students also set fire to a dozen vehicles.
Police inspector Rakesh Mishra said in Banda, some 200 km from Lucknow, that those booked had attacked policemen and damaged public property.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown