600 booked for violence
Lucknow: Cases have been slapped against nearly 600 people in Uttar Pradesh`s Banda district for indulging in violence after a truck ran over a student, police said on Thursday.
Sushil Kumar`s death Tuesday in Chapad village triggered violence that left about 10 policemen injured. Fellow students also set fire to a dozen vehicles.
Police inspector Rakesh Mishra said in Banda, some 200 km from Lucknow, that those booked had attacked policemen and damaged public property.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people