600 booked for violence
Lucknow: Cases have been slapped against nearly 600 people in Uttar Pradesh`s Banda district for indulging in violence after a truck ran over a student, police said on Thursday.
Sushil Kumar`s death Tuesday in Chapad village triggered violence that left about 10 policemen injured. Fellow students also set fire to a dozen vehicles.
Police inspector Rakesh Mishra said in Banda, some 200 km from Lucknow, that those booked had attacked policemen and damaged public property.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy