650 booked for clash in Meerut over cow slaughter
Meerut: Cases were registered against 650 unidentified people in connection with the Saturday night`s violence in Bhanwara village of the district over reports of cow slaughter.
The cases were registered under different sections of IPC, police said, adding that no arrest, however, has been made so far.
The situation at the village is tense but under control and senior police officials are patrolling the violence-hit region, they said.
A clash had broken out between two communities on Saturday night over reports of cow slaughter here.
Violence had erupted after supporters of three arrested youths reached the house of complainants last night and opened fire, they said.
Times New Roman
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad