650 booked for clash in Meerut over cow slaughter
Meerut: Cases were registered against 650 unidentified people in connection with the Saturday night`s violence in Bhanwara village of the district over reports of cow slaughter.
The cases were registered under different sections of IPC, police said, adding that no arrest, however, has been made so far.
The situation at the village is tense but under control and senior police officials are patrolling the violence-hit region, they said.
A clash had broken out between two communities on Saturday night over reports of cow slaughter here.
Violence had erupted after supporters of three arrested youths reached the house of complainants last night and opened fire, they said.
Times New Roman
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan dismissive of India's decision to withdraw diplomats' kids
- Over 58,000 affected in floods in West Bengal, authorities issues red alert in Jalpaiguri
- Salman Khan thanks fans after acquittal in 18-year-old chinkara poaching cases
- "Come join me in the sacred land of ISIS" - Missing Kerala youth invites his family
- Mother, nine-month-old toddler found dead in Gurgaon, dowry death suspected