650 booked for clash in Meerut over cow slaughter
Meerut: Cases were registered against 650 unidentified people in connection with the Saturday night`s violence in Bhanwara village of the district over reports of cow slaughter.
The cases were registered under different sections of IPC, police said, adding that no arrest, however, has been made so far.
The situation at the village is tense but under control and senior police officials are patrolling the violence-hit region, they said.
A clash had broken out between two communities on Saturday night over reports of cow slaughter here.
Violence had erupted after supporters of three arrested youths reached the house of complainants last night and opened fire, they said.
Times New Roman
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened