650 booked for clash in Meerut over cow slaughter
Meerut: Cases were registered against 650 unidentified people in connection with the Saturday night`s violence in Bhanwara village of the district over reports of cow slaughter.
The cases were registered under different sections of IPC, police said, adding that no arrest, however, has been made so far.
The situation at the village is tense but under control and senior police officials are patrolling the violence-hit region, they said.
A clash had broken out between two communities on Saturday night over reports of cow slaughter here.
Violence had erupted after supporters of three arrested youths reached the house of complainants last night and opened fire, they said.
Times New Roman
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Now KRK gets in on the act, blasts Piers Morgan for tweeting about PM Modi
- Seven killed in road accident in Uttar Pradesh's Ambedkarnagar
- Searching for weekend get aways in South? Give it a look
- HORRIFIC: Woman gang-raped, attacked with acid before being dumped on road in Kanpur
- Curfew lifted from Kashmir's Anantnag after 49 days, remains in force in other parts