7 dead, 50 hurt as two buses collide
Bijnore: Seven people were killed and
over 50 injured when two private buses collided on a national
highway near Sherkot town here this morning.
The killed included two women and a driver of one of
the buses, police said.
Five died instantly and two succumbed to injuries in
hospital, they said adding the collision took place on the
National Highway 74.
Five seriously injured passengers were shifted to
Meerut hospital, police said.
Some 30 to 35 passengers were undergoing treatment in
various hospitals at Dhampur and Bijnore.
Those who suffered minor injuries were discharged
after first aid, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores