7 dead, 50 hurt as two buses collide
Bijnore: Seven people were killed and
over 50 injured when two private buses collided on a national
highway near Sherkot town here this morning.
The killed included two women and a driver of one of
the buses, police said.
Five died instantly and two succumbed to injuries in
hospital, they said adding the collision took place on the
National Highway 74.
Five seriously injured passengers were shifted to
Meerut hospital, police said.
Some 30 to 35 passengers were undergoing treatment in
various hospitals at Dhampur and Bijnore.
Those who suffered minor injuries were discharged
after first aid, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA