7 dead, 50 hurt as two buses collide
Bijnore: Seven people were killed and
over 50 injured when two private buses collided on a national
highway near Sherkot town here this morning.
The killed included two women and a driver of one of
the buses, police said.
Five died instantly and two succumbed to injuries in
hospital, they said adding the collision took place on the
National Highway 74.
Five seriously injured passengers were shifted to
Meerut hospital, police said.
Some 30 to 35 passengers were undergoing treatment in
various hospitals at Dhampur and Bijnore.
Those who suffered minor injuries were discharged
after first aid, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'