7 dead, 50 hurt as two buses collide
Bijnore: Seven people were killed and
over 50 injured when two private buses collided on a national
highway near Sherkot town here this morning.
The killed included two women and a driver of one of
the buses, police said.
Five died instantly and two succumbed to injuries in
hospital, they said adding the collision took place on the
National Highway 74.
Five seriously injured passengers were shifted to
Meerut hospital, police said.
Some 30 to 35 passengers were undergoing treatment in
various hospitals at Dhampur and Bijnore.
Those who suffered minor injuries were discharged
after first aid, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa