7 gang-rape accused also booked under Gangster Act
Muzaffarnagar: Seven persons, arrested for allegedly abducting and gang-raping a minor girl in January here, have also been booked under the Gangster Act, police said on Saturday.
The seven accused identified as Shanu, Ashu, Nitin, Ravi, Praveen, Subhash and Subhash Harijan were detained under the Gangster Act besides other charges by the district authorities here, they said.
A 15-year-old girl of Shiksha colony from Civil Lines area was abducted by the accused on January 9 and taken to a nearby jungle in a car where she was gang-raped.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly