7 gang-rape accused also booked under Gangster Act
Muzaffarnagar: Seven persons, arrested for allegedly abducting and gang-raping a minor girl in January here, have also been booked under the Gangster Act, police said on Saturday.
The seven accused identified as Shanu, Ashu, Nitin, Ravi, Praveen, Subhash and Subhash Harijan were detained under the Gangster Act besides other charges by the district authorities here, they said.
A 15-year-old girl of Shiksha colony from Civil Lines area was abducted by the accused on January 9 and taken to a nearby jungle in a car where she was gang-raped.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?