7 gang-rape accused also booked under Gangster Act
Muzaffarnagar: Seven persons, arrested for allegedly abducting and gang-raping a minor girl in January here, have also been booked under the Gangster Act, police said on Saturday.
The seven accused identified as Shanu, Ashu, Nitin, Ravi, Praveen, Subhash and Subhash Harijan were detained under the Gangster Act besides other charges by the district authorities here, they said.
A 15-year-old girl of Shiksha colony from Civil Lines area was abducted by the accused on January 9 and taken to a nearby jungle in a car where she was gang-raped.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- Do condom ads encourage rape?
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda