7 gang-rape accused also booked under Gangster Act
Muzaffarnagar: Seven persons, arrested for allegedly abducting and gang-raping a minor girl in January here, have also been booked under the Gangster Act, police said on Saturday.
The seven accused identified as Shanu, Ashu, Nitin, Ravi, Praveen, Subhash and Subhash Harijan were detained under the Gangster Act besides other charges by the district authorities here, they said.
A 15-year-old girl of Shiksha colony from Civil Lines area was abducted by the accused on January 9 and taken to a nearby jungle in a car where she was gang-raped.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- Zee Media Exclusive chat with India's first NBA player Satnam Singh
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra