7 gang-rape accused also booked under Gangster Act
Muzaffarnagar: Seven persons, arrested for allegedly abducting and gang-raping a minor girl in January here, have also been booked under the Gangster Act, police said on Saturday.
The seven accused identified as Shanu, Ashu, Nitin, Ravi, Praveen, Subhash and Subhash Harijan were detained under the Gangster Act besides other charges by the district authorities here, they said.
A 15-year-old girl of Shiksha colony from Civil Lines area was abducted by the accused on January 9 and taken to a nearby jungle in a car where she was gang-raped.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed