70-year-old Pakistani national arrested in UP
Ghaziabad: A 70-year-old Pakistani national has been arrested here for allegedly committing forgery, police said on Thursday.
The accused, identified as Idrees was arrested from Nahal village under Masuri police station.
Idrees has been arrested on the basis of a report submitted by Sub-Inspector Subhash Chand Sharma of the Local Intelligence Unit of the district, SHO, Masuri Police Station, Virender Yadav said.
Police has lodged an FIR against him under sections 420, 467, 468, 471 of the IPC and sections 13/14 of Foreigners Act 1946.
Idrees was four years old when he left India in 1947 during partition along with his father Nazar Muhaamad to settle in Pakistan, police said.
He returned to India at the age of 18. He is having two married daughters, who are settled in Delhi.
He had procured a voter identity card on forged documents, and had purchased land without obtaining any permission, Yadav added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city