70-year-old Pakistani national arrested in UP
Ghaziabad: A 70-year-old Pakistani national has been arrested here for allegedly committing forgery, police said on Thursday.
The accused, identified as Idrees was arrested from Nahal village under Masuri police station.
Idrees has been arrested on the basis of a report submitted by Sub-Inspector Subhash Chand Sharma of the Local Intelligence Unit of the district, SHO, Masuri Police Station, Virender Yadav said.
Police has lodged an FIR against him under sections 420, 467, 468, 471 of the IPC and sections 13/14 of Foreigners Act 1946.
Idrees was four years old when he left India in 1947 during partition along with his father Nazar Muhaamad to settle in Pakistan, police said.
He returned to India at the age of 18. He is having two married daughters, who are settled in Delhi.
He had procured a voter identity card on forged documents, and had purchased land without obtaining any permission, Yadav added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok