72 jail inmates honoured for success in exams
Ghaziabad: Around 72 jail inmates were
honoured for their success in different examinations conducted
in a western UP jail, the results of which were declared
recently, official sources said on Wednesday.
The jail inmates were felicitated for securing the first
division in high school, intermediate and graduate level
examinations conducted in the prison last year from April to
May, Deputy Inspector General of Police AK Panda said.
In his address to the inmates at a function held in
Dasna jail yesterday, Panda said that higher studies will
be encouraged and an educational atmosphere will be provided
to the inmates.
Provision for postgraduate and other professional courses
including BBA, MBA, BCA and MCA will also be made for the
inmates through Indira Gandhi National Open University
(IGNOU), Jail superintendent Viresh Raj Sharma, who presented
certificates to the inmates along with the DIG said.
The UP board of education has set up examination
centres in over 12 jails in UP including Ghaziabad jail, he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Watch Video - World's highest glass-bottom bridge opens in China 600 feet above a canyon!
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony