72 jail inmates honoured for success in exams
Ghaziabad: Around 72 jail inmates were
honoured for their success in different examinations conducted
in a western UP jail, the results of which were declared
recently, official sources said on Wednesday.
The jail inmates were felicitated for securing the first
division in high school, intermediate and graduate level
examinations conducted in the prison last year from April to
May, Deputy Inspector General of Police AK Panda said.
In his address to the inmates at a function held in
Dasna jail yesterday, Panda said that higher studies will
be encouraged and an educational atmosphere will be provided
to the inmates.
Provision for postgraduate and other professional courses
including BBA, MBA, BCA and MCA will also be made for the
inmates through Indira Gandhi National Open University
(IGNOU), Jail superintendent Viresh Raj Sharma, who presented
certificates to the inmates along with the DIG said.
The UP board of education has set up examination
centres in over 12 jails in UP including Ghaziabad jail, he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Delhi University releases seventh cut-off list, admission process begins today
- Man dies in fire in Delhi's Hauz Khas
- Song alert! 'Besabriyaan' from Sushant Singh Rajput's 'M.S. Dhoni: The Untold Story' OUT—Watch
- Thai junta rules out link between latest bombings and earlier deadly attacks
- 'Befikre' Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor's latest STILL will make you standstill!