8 sentenced to life for burning alive farmer, son
Muzaffarnagar: A local court on Friday convicted eight people and sentenced them to life imprisonment for burning a farmer and his minor son.
Additional District Sessions Judge Sham Kumar held Shehzad, Abuless, Nazakat, Nafis, Islam, Farman, Sharaf and Mohsin guilty and sentenced them to life imprisonment.
He also imposed a fine of Rs 10,000 on each of the accused.
According to government prosecutor Syed Muzammil Haider, the accused set a cottage on fire burning alive farmer Rafeek (45) and his son Javed (14) in Jalalpur village of the district on March 19, 2004.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet