8 sentenced to life for burning alive farmer, son
Muzaffarnagar: A local court on Friday convicted eight people and sentenced them to life imprisonment for burning a farmer and his minor son.
Additional District Sessions Judge Sham Kumar held Shehzad, Abuless, Nazakat, Nafis, Islam, Farman, Sharaf and Mohsin guilty and sentenced them to life imprisonment.
He also imposed a fine of Rs 10,000 on each of the accused.
According to government prosecutor Syed Muzammil Haider, the accused set a cottage on fire burning alive farmer Rafeek (45) and his son Javed (14) in Jalalpur village of the district on March 19, 2004.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!