8 sentenced to life for burning alive farmer, son
Muzaffarnagar: A local court on Friday convicted eight people and sentenced them to life imprisonment for burning a farmer and his minor son.
Additional District Sessions Judge Sham Kumar held Shehzad, Abuless, Nazakat, Nafis, Islam, Farman, Sharaf and Mohsin guilty and sentenced them to life imprisonment.
He also imposed a fine of Rs 10,000 on each of the accused.
According to government prosecutor Syed Muzammil Haider, the accused set a cottage on fire burning alive farmer Rafeek (45) and his son Javed (14) in Jalalpur village of the district on March 19, 2004.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'