8 undertrials escape from district court barrack
Farukhabad (UP): Eight undertrials on Monday escaped from police custody from a district court barrack as they were being taken for a hearing, police said here.
The incident took place this afternoon when the undertrials, who were being taken to the court for hearing, managed to flee from the barrack in the court premises by scaling its wall, they said.
The undertrials were lodged in district jail on charges of theft and dacoity, they said.
The police have launched a manhunt to nab them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble