8 undertrials escape from district court barrack
Farukhabad (UP): Eight undertrials on Monday escaped from police custody from a district court barrack as they were being taken for a hearing, police said here.
The incident took place this afternoon when the undertrials, who were being taken to the court for hearing, managed to flee from the barrack in the court premises by scaling its wall, they said.
The undertrials were lodged in district jail on charges of theft and dacoity, they said.
The police have launched a manhunt to nab them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security