8 undertrials escape from district court barrack
Farukhabad (UP): Eight undertrials on Monday escaped from police custody from a district court barrack as they were being taken for a hearing, police said here.
The incident took place this afternoon when the undertrials, who were being taken to the court for hearing, managed to flee from the barrack in the court premises by scaling its wall, they said.
The undertrials were lodged in district jail on charges of theft and dacoity, they said.
The police have launched a manhunt to nab them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- LIVE: After surgical strikes by Indian Army, Nawaz Sharif says Pakistan wants peace
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’