8-yr-old child drowns, father shoots mother dead in UP
Agra: An eight-year-old child drowned while playing in a canal in Patsal village after which his father allegedly shot dead his mother claiming her negligence had caused the death, police said on Sunday.
Mukesh shot dead Sunita Devi on Saturday when she came home with Saurabh`s body, police said, adding that he is absconding.
According to villagers, Saurabh had accompanied his mother when she was going to offer prayers at the village temple.
On the way he stopped to play in a canal, which turned out to be deeper than he thought and started to drown.
Sunita shouted for help, at which some villagers came to their rescue. He was taken to hospital in nearby Bharatpur, but the doctors failed to save his life, police said.
A case of murder has been filed and efforts are on to nab the accused, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- Varun-Shraddha's `ABCD2` holds a firm grip at Box Office!