81 bonded labourers rescued from brick kiln in Sambhal
Sambhal (UP): Around 81 persons, including women and children, who were allegedly forced to work as bonded labourers in a brick kiln, were rescued by a team of Labour Department here, senior officials said today.
Acting on a complaint received by the District Magistrate, 17 families comprising 81 people were rescued from a brick kiln at Samhal-Hasanpur road yesterday, said labour enforcement officer Ashok Kumar Singh, who was part of the team.
A report would be submitted to the district magistrate for further action, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday