81 bonded labourers rescued from brick kiln in Sambhal
Sambhal (UP): Around 81 persons, including women and children, who were allegedly forced to work as bonded labourers in a brick kiln, were rescued by a team of Labour Department here, senior officials said today.
Acting on a complaint received by the District Magistrate, 17 families comprising 81 people were rescued from a brick kiln at Samhal-Hasanpur road yesterday, said labour enforcement officer Ashok Kumar Singh, who was part of the team.
A report would be submitted to the district magistrate for further action, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- LIVE: Jayalalithaa's condition critical after suffering cardiac arrest, huge crowd gathers outside Apollo hospital
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender