81 bonded labourers rescued from brick kiln in Sambhal
Sambhal (UP): Around 81 persons, including women and children, who were allegedly forced to work as bonded labourers in a brick kiln, were rescued by a team of Labour Department here, senior officials said today.
Acting on a complaint received by the District Magistrate, 17 families comprising 81 people were rescued from a brick kiln at Samhal-Hasanpur road yesterday, said labour enforcement officer Ashok Kumar Singh, who was part of the team.
A report would be submitted to the district magistrate for further action, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred