891 quintals of wheat seized, case registered against six in Varanasi
Varanasi: A case has been registered against
a restaurant owner and six others for allegedly black
marketing over 800 quintal of PDS wheat.
Six truck drivers were ferrying the government wheat from
a godown of Food Corporation of India (FCI) here to Ghazipur.
The supply, intended for marginalised sections, was
illegally off-loaded by the drivers at a restaurant premises
in Chaubhaypur, Additional District Magistrate (Supply),
Manmohan Choudhury said.
Chaudhary said, after receiving a tip-off from the
Chaubhaypur SHO, he along with his team rushed to the spot
and seized 891 quintals of wheat and impounded all the six
However, the alleged offenders managed to escape from the
Choudhury said that a case under the Essential
Commodities Act was registered against the accused at the
Chaubhaypur police station on the directions of District
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal