891 quintals of wheat seized, case registered against six in Varanasi
Varanasi: A case has been registered against
a restaurant owner and six others for allegedly black
marketing over 800 quintal of PDS wheat.
Six truck drivers were ferrying the government wheat from
a godown of Food Corporation of India (FCI) here to Ghazipur.
The supply, intended for marginalised sections, was
illegally off-loaded by the drivers at a restaurant premises
in Chaubhaypur, Additional District Magistrate (Supply),
Manmohan Choudhury said.
Chaudhary said, after receiving a tip-off from the
Chaubhaypur SHO, he along with his team rushed to the spot
and seized 891 quintals of wheat and impounded all the six
However, the alleged offenders managed to escape from the
Choudhury said that a case under the Essential
Commodities Act was registered against the accused at the
Chaubhaypur police station on the directions of District
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi