891 quintals of wheat seized, case registered against six in Varanasi
Varanasi: A case has been registered against
a restaurant owner and six others for allegedly black
marketing over 800 quintal of PDS wheat.
Six truck drivers were ferrying the government wheat from
a godown of Food Corporation of India (FCI) here to Ghazipur.
The supply, intended for marginalised sections, was
illegally off-loaded by the drivers at a restaurant premises
in Chaubhaypur, Additional District Magistrate (Supply),
Manmohan Choudhury said.
Chaudhary said, after receiving a tip-off from the
Chaubhaypur SHO, he along with his team rushed to the spot
and seized 891 quintals of wheat and impounded all the six
However, the alleged offenders managed to escape from the
Choudhury said that a case under the Essential
Commodities Act was registered against the accused at the
Chaubhaypur police station on the directions of District
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai
- ISI plotting terror attacks on India in December: Sources