Meerut: Panic gripped the medical
college here when a fire broke out in its emergency ward,
injuring nine patients.
The fire, which broke out yesterday evening at the Lala
Lajpat Rai Memorial Medical College, was due to a short
circuit, Chief Medical Officer of the College Ajit Chaudhry
Patients and attendents were immediately taken out of the
emergency ward, he said, adding the blaze was soon controlled
with the help of fire fighting equipment at the hospital.
However, nine patients undergoing treatment at the
emergency ward suffered minor injuries, he said.
A probe was on into the incident, Chaudhry added.