97 UP policemen honoured on Independence Day
Lucknow: Ninety-seven policemen, including 17 officers, were on Thursday honoured at the Independence Day celebrations here, with 17 of them getting gallantry medals.
Seven policemen were given the President`s medal for extra ordinary services in the line of duty while 73 were honoured for long and commendable service.
Constables Ram Shankar Singh, Ravindra Singh Yadav and Chandrapal Singh were given gallantry awards for their role in the July 2011 battle with a notorious criminal, Shiv Kumar Kol, at Chitrakoot.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed