97 UP policemen honoured on Independence Day
Lucknow: Ninety-seven policemen, including 17 officers, were on Thursday honoured at the Independence Day celebrations here, with 17 of them getting gallantry medals.
Seven policemen were given the President`s medal for extra ordinary services in the line of duty while 73 were honoured for long and commendable service.
Constables Ram Shankar Singh, Ravindra Singh Yadav and Chandrapal Singh were given gallantry awards for their role in the July 2011 battle with a notorious criminal, Shiv Kumar Kol, at Chitrakoot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley