A day after Varanasi blast, Hindus & Muslims show united face
Ayodhya: Hindus and Muslims here on Wednesday
condemned the Varanasi blast and termed it as a conspiracy to
sever cordial ties between both the communities and instigate
"We are worried over the blast in the religious city of
Varanasi. Extremists are targeting the religious town to widen
the gap between Hindus and Muslims... they want to demolish
the communal harmony and Hindu-Muslim brotherhood to create an
atmosphere of instability. We deeply condemn the inhuman act
in Varanasi," Jamiat Ulema Hind leader Afzal Ahmad Khan told agency.
While a teacher Abdu Qaiyum said blasts in Malegaon,
Ajmer and now in Varanasi prove that extremists are trying to
instigate communal riots by targeting Muslims and Hindus
Similarly, Hindu saints here condemned yesterday`s blast
which killed a child and injured 37 others. While protesting
against the incident, they burnt an effigy of "Atankvaad"
Led by former MP Ram Vilas Vedanti, saints staged a
protest in Ayodhya and condemned the Centre`s "appeasement
policy", which has led to spurt in terror activities by
encouraging terrorists, VHP spokesman Sharad Sharma said. They
also demanded immediate hanging of Afzal Guru, convicted in
2001 Parliament attack case, and Ajmal Kasab, lone surviving
terrorist in 26/11 Mumbai attacks.
A crowded bathing ghat was rocked a day after anniversary
of Babri Mosque demolition on December 6.
Mohammad Hashim Ansari, in the lone surviving petitioner
in the Ayodhya title suit case, said "demolition of Babri
Masjid that was done 18-year ago and the memories of that
black day has been faded from our minds. Who are those who
want to renew this wound? An unbiased enquiry must be done by
some secular personalities."
Mufti Ubaidur Rahman, Imam of city Jama Masjid Sarai,
said "Our brotherhood and Hindu Muslim unity is so strong that
those communal or extremist forces want to break it cannot
success. Government must act immediately to find out the real
Echoing demands of Muslim representatives, Sharma said
"terrorists, who are inspiring such attacks, must not be
spared as it is not in the interest of the country."
He, however, regretted the parallels drawn between RSS
and SIMI by Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi and said
Home Minister P Chidambaram`s `saffron terror` statement has
actually encouraged the terrorists to carry out their
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- Kejriwal accuses Centre of trying to rule Delhi through LG
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Expect that Rahul will be Congress president in 2015: Jairam Ramesh
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- IPL 2015: Rajasthan Royals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - As it happened...
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'