A difficult road ahead for Fatehpur Dalit girl
Kanpur: The Dalit girl from Fatehpur, who
was maimed for resisting a rape attempt, may have to live with
the trauma of "permanent hearing loss" and a "disfigured
"The perpetrators crossed all limits of humanity when
they brutally chopped off her right ear. The savage attack has
dislocated her right ear bone. Similarly a finger of her right
hand too is severed," said Dr Anand Swaroop, in-charge of
Hallet hospital and also principal of GSVM Medical College,
where the girl is undergoing treatment.
Three youths identified as Shivom, Hari Shanker and
Pawan forcibly dragged the girl, when she had gone out for
some work in the field and tried to rape her.
When the girl resisted the rape attempt and raised an
alarm, the trio chopped off her nose, ear and a part of hand.
The condition of the girl, who is unconscious post the
incident, is being monitored by a team of experts - an
Orthopaedic surgeon, a General surgeon, a Dentist and a
Maxillofacial expert at Hallet Hospital in Kanpur.
The minor victim may have to live up with the trauma
of "permanent hearing loss".
Dr Swaroop said that though a team of doctors after a
12-hour-long surgery managed to take stitches at the
severed portion, it is yet premature to say whether the girl
could hear from her right ear or not.
"This could only be confirmed when the girl regains
consciousness," said Swaroop.
The girl has suffered several cuts on face and few of
her teeth are also broken in the barbaric attack by the
"She has suffered two fractures on her jaw and has
lost few of her teeth in the attack. Her face bears many cuts
and bruises and it could only be said after surgery whether
her original face could be restored or not," said the
in-charge of Hallet Hospital.
Dr Swaroop denied for time being the need to refer the
victim to Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical
Science (PGI) in Lucknow as her condition is stable.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read