AAP leader Vishwas told not to use national flag in campaign
Amethi: Aam Aadmi Party leader Kumar Vishwas was on Sunday warned by Amethi district administration not to use national flag against norms failing which adequate action would be taken against him.
The warning has been issued by sub divisional magistrate R D Ram on a complaint by Congress leader Munna Singh that Vishwas was violating section 144 and using national flag during his campaign.
The SDM said the AAP leader has been warned and if another complaint was received, strict action would be taken.
Meanwhile, the district administration has banned a `kavi sammelan` to be organised at Ramganj in which Vishwas was to be the chief guest.
Superintendent of Police Heera Lal said administration did not give permission for the kavi sammelan and adequate force has been deployed in the entire area to maintain peace.
The AAP leader alleged that the event, though organised by traders, has been "banned at Congress` behest".
A defiant Vishwas said he would attend the sammelan and was ready to even go to jail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive