AAP protests discom in Agra
Agra: AAP activists formed a human chain here Sunday to protest against what they said were "irregularities and high-handedness" of the private power discom in Agra.
Amid the Republic Day celebrations, more than 2,000 Aam Aadmi Party supporters assembled on the Mahatma Gandhi Road and formed the human chain to mark their protest.
"This was a unique way of drawing attention on an important issue on an important day," said advocate Kuldip Narain Lal, a supporter of AAP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur