AAP survey puts Yadav ahead of his rivals
New Delhi: AAP candidate Yogendra Yadav is way ahead in Gurgaon Lok Sabha constituency as compared to his BJP, Congress and INLD rivals, claimed a survey undertaken by the party.
"Yogendra Yadav has a clear lead in his hometown Rewari and Mewat. Although Gurgaon city is a close contest between Inderjeet Singh and Yogendra Yadav, Mewat`s mandate is again clearly in favour of the Professor".
"BJP`s Inderjeet Singh and Congress Dharam Pal are nowhere in the contest. INLD`s Zakhir Hussain, who is the only Mewati candidate from Gurgaon, trails behind his rivals with a mere 12 percent votes in his home district," said a survey report said.
Gurgaon goes to poll along with Delhi and other parts of NCR on April 10.
The report, which was shared by Yadav on his Facebook Page, has been prepared by the same agency hired by the party during Delhi assembly elections.
It also said that Yadav had emerged stronger even in Gurgoan city, Mewat and Rewari, the stronghold of former Union Minister Rao Inderjit Singh, who joined the BJP recently. It also said that when the survey was first done in February, when all candidates were not declared, AAP was third favourite, but "systematic" campaign has helped Yadav gain the edge.
The survey also claimed that Yadav led among Muslims, leaving the only Muslim candidate Zakhir Hussain behind by 26 percentage points. Muslims are nearly 25 percent of the electorate and will play a crucial role in the election.
"Yadav also leads in the other big community, Yadav/Ahir, as his closest rival Inderjeet Singh trails behind him by a substantial 6 percentage points. Overall the AAP?s support cuts across all communities," the report claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog