AAP survey puts Yadav ahead of his rivals
New Delhi: AAP candidate Yogendra Yadav is way ahead in Gurgaon Lok Sabha constituency as compared to his BJP, Congress and INLD rivals, claimed a survey undertaken by the party.
"Yogendra Yadav has a clear lead in his hometown Rewari and Mewat. Although Gurgaon city is a close contest between Inderjeet Singh and Yogendra Yadav, Mewat`s mandate is again clearly in favour of the Professor".
"BJP`s Inderjeet Singh and Congress Dharam Pal are nowhere in the contest. INLD`s Zakhir Hussain, who is the only Mewati candidate from Gurgaon, trails behind his rivals with a mere 12 percent votes in his home district," said a survey report said.
Gurgaon goes to poll along with Delhi and other parts of NCR on April 10.
The report, which was shared by Yadav on his Facebook Page, has been prepared by the same agency hired by the party during Delhi assembly elections.
It also said that Yadav had emerged stronger even in Gurgoan city, Mewat and Rewari, the stronghold of former Union Minister Rao Inderjit Singh, who joined the BJP recently. It also said that when the survey was first done in February, when all candidates were not declared, AAP was third favourite, but "systematic" campaign has helped Yadav gain the edge.
The survey also claimed that Yadav led among Muslims, leaving the only Muslim candidate Zakhir Hussain behind by 26 percentage points. Muslims are nearly 25 percent of the electorate and will play a crucial role in the election.
"Yadav also leads in the other big community, Yadav/Ahir, as his closest rival Inderjeet Singh trails behind him by a substantial 6 percentage points. Overall the AAP?s support cuts across all communities," the report claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon
- Kejriwal lists AAP govt's achievements of 100 days, slams Centre's 'dictatorial attitude'