AAP to contest Lok Sabha polls from Amethi on development issue
Amethi: Aam Aadmi Party on Tuesday said despite being regarded as a VVIP constituency, Amethi is lagging far behind in the race of development and the party will contest the coming Lok Sabha elections from the seat on the issue of development.
"Despite the constituency being represented by Rajiv Gandhi, Sonia Gandhi and now Rahul Gandhi, farmers here have to face hardships in getting a sack of fertiliser, roads are in a bad shape, government tubewells are out of order and it is corruption all around," national spokesman of AAP Sanjay Singh told newspersons here.
He said that the people of Amethi were fed up with the dynasty politics and now want development.
"AAP is with the people, and their issues are our issues. We will contest the coming elections on the issues of people, that is development of Amethi", Singh said, adding that Kumar Vishwas (likely to be AAP`s nominee from the seat) will address party`s rally here on January 12.
Singh was here to hold meeting with AAP workers with regard to the preparations for January 12 rally.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Welspun India hires Ernst & Young to probe US export lapses
- BIZARRE PUNISHMENT! Kim Jong-Un to make North Korean athletes, who could not win medals in Rio Olympics, work in coal mines?
- OP Jaisha's illness delays Sports Ministry probe into official apathy
- Subramanian Swamy moves SC for urgent hearing on plea against ban on CSK
- Leander Paes, Andre Begemann knock out top seeds in ATP Winston-Salem Open