AAP to contest Lok Sabha polls from Amethi on development issue
Amethi: Aam Aadmi Party on Tuesday said despite being regarded as a VVIP constituency, Amethi is lagging far behind in the race of development and the party will contest the coming Lok Sabha elections from the seat on the issue of development.
"Despite the constituency being represented by Rajiv Gandhi, Sonia Gandhi and now Rahul Gandhi, farmers here have to face hardships in getting a sack of fertiliser, roads are in a bad shape, government tubewells are out of order and it is corruption all around," national spokesman of AAP Sanjay Singh told newspersons here.
He said that the people of Amethi were fed up with the dynasty politics and now want development.
"AAP is with the people, and their issues are our issues. We will contest the coming elections on the issues of people, that is development of Amethi", Singh said, adding that Kumar Vishwas (likely to be AAP`s nominee from the seat) will address party`s rally here on January 12.
Singh was here to hold meeting with AAP workers with regard to the preparations for January 12 rally.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured