AAP to contest Lok Sabha polls from Amethi on development issue
Amethi: Aam Aadmi Party on Tuesday said despite being regarded as a VVIP constituency, Amethi is lagging far behind in the race of development and the party will contest the coming Lok Sabha elections from the seat on the issue of development.
"Despite the constituency being represented by Rajiv Gandhi, Sonia Gandhi and now Rahul Gandhi, farmers here have to face hardships in getting a sack of fertiliser, roads are in a bad shape, government tubewells are out of order and it is corruption all around," national spokesman of AAP Sanjay Singh told newspersons here.
He said that the people of Amethi were fed up with the dynasty politics and now want development.
"AAP is with the people, and their issues are our issues. We will contest the coming elections on the issues of people, that is development of Amethi", Singh said, adding that Kumar Vishwas (likely to be AAP`s nominee from the seat) will address party`s rally here on January 12.
Singh was here to hold meeting with AAP workers with regard to the preparations for January 12 rally.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened