AAP wants to make Agra worthy of the Taj
Agra: The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) will help to make Agra a heritage city if it wins the Lok Sabha battle here.
Agra deserves a much better deal for its contribution to history and India`s secular ethos, its candidate Ravindra Singh told a news agency.
"Corruption-free governance is our top priority. But we also have a set of goals for the Taj city which has to be recognised as a heritage city," he said.
"The BJP, the Congress and the Samajwadi Party have done nothing to make Agra worthy of the Taj Mahal."
Ravindra Singh said he would make efforts to make Agra a Wi-Fi city so that tourists who come here can remain connected through the Internet and the students enjoy the full benefits of computer technology.
The AAP will also work to split Agra University into three, he said.
"In the last 10 years we have seen how the university has played havoc with the future of students," he said.
"The university cannot cope with its voluminous size, reflected in the number of colleges affiliated from Noida to Lucknow."
The AAP also has plans to unveil a health scheme for the more than three lakh workers in Agra`s famous shoe industry, many afflicted with TB.
As in Delhi, Ravindra Singh said, it wants a CAG audit of the private discom.
The AAP is particularly concerned about the state of cleanliness -- or the lack of it.
"As part of our campaign, our volunteers will use brooms to clean areas around monuments and other public utilities to sensitise the people on how important hygiene is for good health," Ravindra Singh said.
But the challenge for the AAP is serious. Pitted against it strong rivals in Ram Shankar Katheria of the Bharatiya Janata Party, Narayan Singh of the Bahujan Samaj Party and Maharaj Singh Dhangar of the Samajwadi Party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Mumbai Film City shoot-out: CCTV footage help police arrest assailants
- Mathura rally: PM Modi's ten power-packed dialogues
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- What couldn't be done in last 10 years, NDA govt did in one year: Smriti Irani in Amethi
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27