AAP will get 100 seats in Lok Sabha polls, says Arvind Kejriwal
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Aam Aadmi Party leader Arvind Kejriwal said on Sunday that there was no Narendra Modi wave in the country and claimed that the next government at the Centre will not be formed without the support of his party.
Addressing a rally in Kanpur Kejriwal said, “There is no Modi wave. People are angry, it is only the wave of people`s anger,” he said, adding, “Results will be seen during elections.”
He also claimed that AAP would get 100 seats in the upcoming Lok Sabha polls and the next government would not be formed without AAP`s support.
Taking on the developmental model of Gujarat, the AAP convener said that he will visit the state from March 5-8 to see the claims made by Modi. “When we come to power, we will set up inquiries in all the riots and award stringent punishment to the guilty,” Kejriwal said.
At the same time he mocked Modi`s tea-seller background and said, “They say Modi used to sell tea, how does a tea-seller have helicopters.”
Kejriwal further lashed at Congress and the BJP saying that both the parties had looted the country. At the same time he projected AAP as the only alternative to both the parties. “Both BJP and Congress have looted the country. Only one party can give you honest and true governance now. We must unite,” he told the crowd.
“I am not here to ask for votes, I am here to save my country from the clutches of these corrupt people,” he added.
He also accused both Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi and BJP`s PM candidate for being agents of industrialist Mukesh Ambani and asserted that he had the Swiss bank account numbers of Mukesh and Anil Ambani. “Congress says I violated constitution by filing FIR against Mukesh Ambani. They challenged it. Can`t Ambani`s do it themselves?” he asked the crowd.
Talking about his own government in Delhi, Kejriwal claimed that no one had done the kind of work that AAP had done in a short time. “I can challenge, take any government after Independence and show us if any of them has worked as much as we did in 48 days in Delhi,” he said, adding, “I got five FIRs filed against Sheila Dikshit in my 48 days in Delhi.”
AAP was running a government in Delhi with the outside support of the Congress. Kejriwal resigned as the CM over the issue of Jan Lokpal Bill after 49 days.
Meanwhile, Arvind Kejriwal could contest against Narendra Modi if he decides to fight Lok Sabha election from Varanasi, AAP leaders indicated today.
Addressing the rally before Kejriwal`s speech, party leader Sanjay Singh appealed to him to contest against Modi from Varanasi because there is a buzz that the BJP PM candidate will be fielded from the constituency.
Another senior leader Manish Sisodia in his speech said that "we want the people of Varanasi to answer all the issues that Kejriwal has raised on (Mukesh) Ambani.” "Kejriwal will ask Modi these questions from Varanasi," he added.
The former Delhi CM, who has himself not indicated his strategy on contesting Lok Sabha election, was silent on the issue during his speech.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Preity Zinta missed crew of 'ABCD 2' on 'Nach Baliye 7'
- Congress comes out with scathing 'report card' on PM Narendra Modi's 1yr rule