Aarushi case: HC notice to Rajesh Talwar on CBI plea
Ghaziabad: The Allahabad High Court on Tuesday issued a notice to Rajesh Talwar seeking reply on a plea by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) challenging the Ghaziabad CBI court’s order extending his bail. Talwar is a co-accused in the double murder of his 13-year-old daughter Aarushi and domestic help Hemraj.
Issuing notice to Talwar, the court fixed May 7 as the
next date of hearing in the matter.
The CBI court in Ghaziabad had last month allowed Talwar to remain on bail till April 11, referring to the Supreme Court’s observation that the accused father was virtually on bail.
Moving the application before the Allahabad HC yesterday, the Central agency had contested CBI Special Judge Preeti Singh’s decision stating that Talwar has to apply for regular bail and that the Ghaziabad court had misinterpreted the apex court`s order.
Dentist couple Rajesh and Nupur Talwar had moved the SC seeking the transfer of trial on the grounds of their personal security, and that a large number of witnesses in the case resided in Delhi. But their request was turned down.
Aarushi, 14, was found brutally murdered in their Noida residence on May 16, 2008. The body of Hemraj was found the next day from the terrace of the house.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!