Aarushi case: HC notice to Rajesh Talwar on CBI plea
Ghaziabad: The Allahabad High Court on Tuesday issued a notice to Rajesh Talwar seeking reply on a plea by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) challenging the Ghaziabad CBI court’s order extending his bail. Talwar is a co-accused in the double murder of his 13-year-old daughter Aarushi and domestic help Hemraj.
Issuing notice to Talwar, the court fixed May 7 as the
next date of hearing in the matter.
The CBI court in Ghaziabad had last month allowed Talwar to remain on bail till April 11, referring to the Supreme Court’s observation that the accused father was virtually on bail.
Moving the application before the Allahabad HC yesterday, the Central agency had contested CBI Special Judge Preeti Singh’s decision stating that Talwar has to apply for regular bail and that the Ghaziabad court had misinterpreted the apex court`s order.
Dentist couple Rajesh and Nupur Talwar had moved the SC seeking the transfer of trial on the grounds of their personal security, and that a large number of witnesses in the case resided in Delhi. But their request was turned down.
Aarushi, 14, was found brutally murdered in their Noida residence on May 16, 2008. The body of Hemraj was found the next day from the terrace of the house.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vidya Balan looks enchanting as Geeta Bali in 'Ekk Albela' poster! – View pic
- Mark Zuckerberg to connect with ISS astronauts via Facebook Live
- Top aide of Hizb-ul-Mujahideen commander surrenders in Kashmir
- Darshan Kumaar, Randeep Hooda and Vijender Singh showcase 'Jat power punch'! See pic
- Fifty years after his death, VD Savarkar trending on Twitter: Know why