Aarushi case: Talwars` third witness records statement
Ghaziabad: The third defence witness in the Aarushi-Hemraj murder case, Dr Urmil Sharma, on Monday recorded her statement before the special CBI court hearing the matter.
Urmil is the witness from the side of dentist couple Rajesh and Nupur Talwar, standing trial for the murders of their daughter Aarushi and domestic help Hemraj.
Dr RK Sharma, former HOD of forensic science at AIIMS, is likely to give his statement tomorrow, as the same could not be recorded today following suspension of work due to death of an advocate.
Tomorrow, Sharma is likely to give his viewpoint on the suspected use of golf stick, which CBI claims was used by Rajesh Talwar in the crime.
80-year-old Urmil is a gynaecologist and consultant at Indraprastha Apollo Hospital in New Delhi.
She today gave her opinion in the court about various aspects of woman`s private body parts.
Urmil explained court that if a 13-14 year-old girl dies, and vaginal test is conducted after her death, vaginal orifice would not be found open and vaginal canal can`t be found visible.
On June 18, Additional Sessions Judge Shyam Lal had directed CBI to produce golf stick in court at the time of recording of Sharma`s statement.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- India deeply appreciates US' engagement in Asia-Pacific: Ashton Carter
- VVIP chopper scam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi had admitted to meeting middleman Haschke
- F-16 fighter jets sold to Pakistan could be used against India: US lawmakers
- Fee hike: Schools will not budge with dharnas, submit a written complaint, Manish Sisodia tells parents
- Know what Shah Rukh Khan feels about PM Narendra Modi’s ‘Make In India’ initiative