Aarushi case: Witness contends CBI claim of use of golf stick
Ghaziabad: Contradicting CBI`s claim, forensic expert Dr RK Sharma on Thursday told the special court hearing the Aarushi case that the injury on the teenager`s forehead could not have been caused with a golf stick as the nature of fracture would have been different.
The CBI had claimed that Aarushi and domestic help Hemraj had suffered grievous injuries after being hit on the head with a golf stick.
"In Aarushi`s post-mortem report, line fracture was mentioned as injury number 1 (forehead). If a person is hit with a rod or hockey stick, it would cause such a fracture, while a depressed fracture is inflicted if a golf stick is used," Sharma, a witness for the dentist couple Rajesh and Nupur Talwar, said while deposing before Additional Sessions Judge Shyam Lal.
Sharma was asked around 60 questions by CBI lawyer R K Saini during his cross-examination, which will continue tomorrow.
"The cuts on Hemraj and Aarushi`s throats were similar. The cut on Aarushi`s throat was 8cm x 6cm. It is wrong to say that a khukari (a Nepalese knife) used with full force cannot inflict a deep slit on a throat. It depends on the force. Small sharp-edged weapon can make long cuts, but injury`s depth will depend on blade`s length, and it will be equal or less than the blade`s length," he added.
"It is wrong to say that horizontal injuries cannot be made with khukari," Sharma told the court.
Sharma also contested CBI`s another claim that Aarushi`s private parts were cleaned by Nupur, contending that if this was done, then some injuries would have been visible.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS