New Delhi: Following is the chronology of the
2008 Aarushi murder case in which the Supreme Court on Friday gave
green signal for conducting trial against her parents Rajesh
and Nupur Talwar:
May 15-16, 2008: Aarushi Talwar found dead with her throat
slit in the bedroom of her flat in Noida.
May 16: Uttar Pradesh Police start probing the case and
domestic help Hemraj (Nepalese national) suspected of murder.
May 17: Hemraj`s body found on the terrace of Talwar`s house.
May 18: UP Police say the twin murders were done with surgical
precision, insider job suspected.
May 19: Talwar`s former Nepalese domestic help Vishnu Sharma
May 21: Delhi Police joins murder probe.
May 22: Talwars come under suspicion, honour killing angle
probed, the police quiz Aarushi`s close friend whom she spoke
to 688 times in 45 days preceding her murder.
May 23: Aarushi`s father Rajesh Talwar arrested for the two
May 29: Notification issued to hand over the case from UP
Police to CBI.
June 1: CBI takes over the probe in the case.
June 13: Domestic help of Rajesh Talwar, Krishna arrested by
June 20: Lie detection test of Rajesh Talwar conducted at
June 25: Second lie detection test conducted on Nupur Talwar.
Her first lie detection test was found inconclusive.
June 26: CBI declares the case to be a "blind case". Rajesh
Talwar refused bail by the special magistrate in Ghaziabad.
July 12: Rajesh Talwar freed on bail from Dasna Jail in
Feb 8-12: Narco-analysis tests on Nupur Talwar was done
between February 8 to February 12 on CBI`s plea.
Feb 15-20: Narco-analysis tests on Rajesh Talwar was done
between February 15 to February 20.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- India Red vs India Green: Bowlers dominate first day of Duleep Trophy tie
- Hillary Clinton holds lead over Donald Trump, but trails him among white voters: poll
- Sensitive data on India's Scorpene submarines leaked
- Second US service member killed in Afghanistan in 2016
- 8 out of 10 French do not want Nicolas Sarkozy back