Aarushi-Hemraj murder: ‘Saw blood stains on stairs, terrace door’
Ghaziabad: A CBI witness and colleague of dentist Rajesh Talwar on Monday told the special CBI court here that he saw blood stains on the terrace door, its lock and on the stairs leading to the terrace of L-32 apartment on the day Aarushi`s murder came to light.
Dentist, Rajiv Kumar Varshney, who was today fielded as a new CBI witness in the Aarushi-Hemraj murder case said,"there were blood stains on the terrace door and its lock at L-32, as well as on the staircase which leads to the terrace."
Aarushi was found murdered in her bedroom in her Noida flat on May 16, 2008, while domestic help Hemraj`s body was found on terrace the next day.
Varshney is the seventh witness produced in the court today and six more witnesses are to be examined as per the order of the Supreme Court in the case and for consideration of bail for Nupur Talwar, the accused mother of Aarushi Talwar.
The witness also claimed that when he reached Talwar`s Jalvayu Vihar apartment on May 15, 2008, he mistakenly climbed up to the terrace door, which was locked that day.
Varshney said when he came down he met Rohit Kocchar and his wife in the drawing room of Talwar`s house, to whom he told about the stains and took them there.
They also showed the blood stains on the terrace door and its lock to a police constable who had reached there.
The crucial witness also told the trial court that after seeing the stains, they came down and went inside the house of Talwars, where by the time, many people had gathered.
He also said before the court that in the mean time Talwar also "went towards the staircase and immediately returned and went inside the house."
He left the house when the body of Aarushi arrived after post mortem.
The exhibit number 16 was opened before the court today
in which Varshney and Kocchar`s statements were kept, which were recorded before the Magistrate under 164 of CrPC in Karkardooma court.
He also identified his signature on the statement, when CBI showed him papers and said his statement was written by hand by the Magistrate.
While Rajesh Talwar is currently out on bail, Nupur Talwar has been lodged in Dasna jail for her alleged role in the crime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what