Aarushi murder case: SC to hear Talwars` plea
New Delhi: The Supreme Court will on Friday take up Rajesh and Nupur Talwar`s petitions challenging a Ghaziabad court`s summons issued to them in connection with the murder case of their daughter Aarushi Talwar and their domestic help Hemraj.
Aarushi was found dead inside her Noida residence in May 2008 with her throat slit. The body of Hemraj was recovered a day later from the terrace. The Talwars - both dentists - were home when 13-year-old Aarushi was killed in her bedroom.
The Noida police, which initially handled the case, arrested Rajesh Talwar in 2008 but released him a few months later saying it did not have any evidence against him.
The case was then handed over to the CBI which in December 2010 asked for permission to close the case because it had not found enough evidence against any person. But it listed that Rajesh Talwar was its only suspect. The Ghaziabad court that`s conducting the trial of the double-murder, however, rejected the CBI`s appeal to end its investigation and declared the Talwars were officially accused of Aarushi`s murder.
The Supreme Court will today hear their plea challenging the summons issued to them by the Ghaziabad court. It had earlier stayed the proceedings against them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- WATCH: Chandrababu Naidu plays badminton with PV Sindhu on stage during felicitation ceremony
- Bihar CM calls on PM Narendra Modi, apprise him on flood situation in Bihar
- 7th Pay Commission: BSNL retirees seek salary benefits
- Kasi Bennett: Everything you wanted to know about Usain Bolt's girlfriend
- Three held in France in August for planning attacks: Minister