Aarushi murder case: SC to hear Talwars` plea
New Delhi: The Supreme Court will on Friday take up Rajesh and Nupur Talwar`s petitions challenging a Ghaziabad court`s summons issued to them in connection with the murder case of their daughter Aarushi Talwar and their domestic help Hemraj.
Aarushi was found dead inside her Noida residence in May 2008 with her throat slit. The body of Hemraj was recovered a day later from the terrace. The Talwars - both dentists - were home when 13-year-old Aarushi was killed in her bedroom.
The Noida police, which initially handled the case, arrested Rajesh Talwar in 2008 but released him a few months later saying it did not have any evidence against him.
The case was then handed over to the CBI which in December 2010 asked for permission to close the case because it had not found enough evidence against any person. But it listed that Rajesh Talwar was its only suspect. The Ghaziabad court that`s conducting the trial of the double-murder, however, rejected the CBI`s appeal to end its investigation and declared the Talwars were officially accused of Aarushi`s murder.
The Supreme Court will today hear their plea challenging the summons issued to them by the Ghaziabad court. It had earlier stayed the proceedings against them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi