Aarushi murder: Defence to submit final arguments on Oct 21
Zee Media Bureau
Ghaziabad: A day after the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) concluded that Dr Rajesh Talwar and his wife Nupur murdered their teenage daughter Aarushi and their domestic help Hemraj, the defence was to submit its final arguments in the case on Friday.
However, the defence could not initiate arguments in the special CBI court as the lawyers went strike demanding that a Allahabad High Court bench be set up in western Uttar Pradesh.
The date for the commencement defence arguments has now been fixed to October 21 by Additional Sessions Judge Shyam Lal.
On the fourth day of its final arguments in the Aarushi-Hemraj double murder case, the CBI yesterday claimed the Talwars had killed their daughter and their servant.
Aarushi, 14, was found murdered at her parents` Noida residence on May 16, 2008. Hemraj`s body was found on the terrace the next day.
Submitting before special Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) Judge S Lal, CBI lawyer RK Saini said the dentist couple, Rajesh and Nupur, displaced the iron-gate at the main entrance when it was the prime evidence indicating how their maid Bharti first entered the house after the crime.
Whether the flat was locked from outside or not could be justified by the same iron-gate but the Talwars displaced it and hence tampered with the evidence.
The parents dressed up the crime scene and got the room repainted in the same colour, the CBI claimed.
Saini claimed the Talwars conspired with former Uttar Pradesh policeman KK Gautam in recovering Hemraj`s body.
They also tried to influence the doctor who performed post-mortem not to put rape on record.
Saini said that on the night of the crime, there were only four people present - Rajesh Talwar, Nupur, Aarushi and Hemraj. There was no outside entry and, therefore, the parents only killed their daughter and their servant.
After the prosecution concluded its arguments, the judge adjourned the case to Friday and asked the defence to present its case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS