Aarushi murder: Defence witness fails to turn up
Ghaziabad: The hearing in the Aarushi murder case was deferred till July 26 as the defence`s sixth witness on Monday failed to appear before the special CBI court here.
The dentist couple today moved an application saying that their sixth witness, Masuma Jha, cannot depose in the court as her husband is currently admitted to Intensive Care Unit (ICU) of a hospital.
They sought sufficient time to get her statement recorded in the court.
Court of Additional Sessions Judge Shyam Lal fixed July 26 as the next date for hearing in the 2008 double murder case.
"We today moved an application seeking sufficient time to produce sixth witness, Masuma Jha, as her husband is admitted to ICU. On our application, the court fixed July 26 for the recording of her statement," said Manoj Sisodia, counsel of Rajesh and Nupur Talwar.
Masuma Jha is a resident of Sector 29 in Noida.
So far, statements of five defence witnesses have been recorded in the CBI court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!