Aarushi murder: Defence witness fails to turn up
Ghaziabad: The hearing in the Aarushi murder case was deferred till July 26 as the defence`s sixth witness on Monday failed to appear before the special CBI court here.
The dentist couple today moved an application saying that their sixth witness, Masuma Jha, cannot depose in the court as her husband is currently admitted to Intensive Care Unit (ICU) of a hospital.
They sought sufficient time to get her statement recorded in the court.
Court of Additional Sessions Judge Shyam Lal fixed July 26 as the next date for hearing in the 2008 double murder case.
"We today moved an application seeking sufficient time to produce sixth witness, Masuma Jha, as her husband is admitted to ICU. On our application, the court fixed July 26 for the recording of her statement," said Manoj Sisodia, counsel of Rajesh and Nupur Talwar.
Masuma Jha is a resident of Sector 29 in Noida.
So far, statements of five defence witnesses have been recorded in the CBI court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi