Aarushi murder: Talwars`s plea for Mahapatra`s cross-examination rejected
Ghaziabad: A petition of dentist couple Rajesh and Nupur Talwar seeking further cross-examination of forensic expert Dr BK Mahapatra was trashed by a special CBI court here.
After rejecting Talwars` petition, Additional Sessions Judge Shyam Lal fixed September 26 for the start of final arguments in the case.
In their petition, the dentist couple who are being tried for murders of their daughter Aarushi and domestic help Hemraj had appealed the court that they wanted cross-examination of Dr Mahapatra "as several questions are yet to be asked".
"Our application has been rejected by the court," said Manoj Sisodia, counsel of Rajesh and Nupur Talwar.
Mahapatra is a forensic scientist at Central Forensic Science Laboratory Delhi and had prepared the report for the CBI.
So far, all the defence and prosecution witnesses have been examined in the Ghaziabad`s CBI court and final arguments will start from Thursday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Govt exploring ways to bring petro products under GST: Pradhan
- Bajaj V sales cross 1-lakh mark within 4 months of launch
- BJP leader Ram Sevak Nishad killed in accident
- Call drops: Telcos commit Rs 20,000 crore for towers, seek new spectrum
- England vs Pakistan 2nd Test, Day 4 at Old Trafford – As it happened..