Aarushi murder: Talwars`s plea for Mahapatra`s cross-examination rejected
Ghaziabad: A petition of dentist couple Rajesh and Nupur Talwar seeking further cross-examination of forensic expert Dr BK Mahapatra was trashed by a special CBI court here.
After rejecting Talwars` petition, Additional Sessions Judge Shyam Lal fixed September 26 for the start of final arguments in the case.
In their petition, the dentist couple who are being tried for murders of their daughter Aarushi and domestic help Hemraj had appealed the court that they wanted cross-examination of Dr Mahapatra "as several questions are yet to be asked".
"Our application has been rejected by the court," said Manoj Sisodia, counsel of Rajesh and Nupur Talwar.
Mahapatra is a forensic scientist at Central Forensic Science Laboratory Delhi and had prepared the report for the CBI.
So far, all the defence and prosecution witnesses have been examined in the Ghaziabad`s CBI court and final arguments will start from Thursday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon