Aarushi: No outsider seen on fateful night, says guard
Ghaziabad: A security guard on Friday deposed before the special CBI court, hearing the Aarushi-Hemraj murder case, that he had seen no ‘outsider’ on the fateful night while another witness claimed he had painted a portion of the Talwars` house more than a year after the incident.
Public prosecutor RK Saini contended that the wooden partition was soon painted after the murders, as part of a conspiracy to destruct evidences.
Guard Virendra Singh deposed before judge S Lal that no "outsider" had entered in Jalvayu Vihar on the night when the murder of Aarushi Talwar and her domestic help Hemraj took place.
"No other guard from the other six gates told me about the suspected entry of any outsider or suspicious looking people," he told the court.
On the morning of May 16, 2008, a call came from the Talwars` house number L-32, Singh said.
"The person who was on the intercom-phone line told me that there was a big problem in his house and asked me to send a guard," the guard said, adding that he found a maid sitting outside the house when he reached there.
When enquired, Singh said, the maid replied that "one servant had killed their (Talwars`) daughter and fled away."
Rajesh Talwar called him inside the house and told him that his servant (Hemraj) had killed his daughter and fled away, the guard said.
This is the first time during the trial of the Aarushi Talwar-Hemraj double murder case that two public witnesses were produced before the court.
Meanwhile, another public witness Delhi-based painter Soharat told the court that he was called by Rajesh Talwar after more than one year of the incident to paint a wooden partition of Aarushi`s room.
Soharat said he had earlier also done similar paint work at the house.
He further said he had unfixed the iron grill of main gate and balcony and put them in the drawing room after he was asked to do so by Rajesh Talwar.
Both the railings were later given to an electrician by Rajesh Talwar, the painter claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?