Abducted Ghazibad doctor`s body found in drain
Ghaziabad: The body of a doctor, kidnapped last week, was found in a drain in his neighbourhood here on Friday, police said.
Fahimuddin, 40, a resident of Jat Colony in Murad Nagar and running his ayurvedic clinic in Radheshyam Colony, was missing since March 23 and his family had lodged a complaint March 25, police said.
Police Friday morning received a call informing them about a body lying in the drain. The semi-decomposed body was taken out but could not be identified. However, after some time, Fahimuddin`s family arrived and verified the body as that of the missing doctor.
Police said it seemed that the doctor was killed somewhere else and his body was thrown into the drain.
"Investigation are on and we are hopeful that the killers would be nabbed soon," said Circle Officer (Sadar) Ranvijay Singh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- Valentine week: Celebrate 'Kiss Day' with these unique kisses!
- 4th ODI: South Africa vs England - Hosts win game by solitary wicket to level series
- JNUSU prez Kanhaiya Kumar sent to 3-day police custody over Afzal Guru row, says being targeted for defeating ABVP in polls