Abducted NRI girl rescued in Uttar Pradesh
Muzaffarnagar: A 20-year old NRI girl who was abducted from Delhi nearly a fortnight ago, was rescued from Talheri village of Saharanpur district, police said on Wednesday.
Acting on a tip off, a team of officials raided a house in Talheri village where the girl was kept, they said, adding that two persons were also arrested in this connection.
The arrested accused are being interrogated Further probe into the matter is on, SSP Saharanpur DC Mishra said.
Gauri Bhonsle, daughter of diamond trader David Bhonsle, was abducted from a railway station in Delhi on October 15, he said.
She had arrived in India from England on a two-month visa and was on her way to West Bengal to meet her grandfather when she was kidnapped by miscreants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed