Abducted NRI girl rescued in Uttar Pradesh
Muzaffarnagar: A 20-year old NRI girl who was abducted from Delhi nearly a fortnight ago, was rescued from Talheri village of Saharanpur district, police said on Wednesday.
Acting on a tip off, a team of officials raided a house in Talheri village where the girl was kept, they said, adding that two persons were also arrested in this connection.
The arrested accused are being interrogated Further probe into the matter is on, SSP Saharanpur DC Mishra said.
Gauri Bhonsle, daughter of diamond trader David Bhonsle, was abducted from a railway station in Delhi on October 15, he said.
She had arrived in India from England on a two-month visa and was on her way to West Bengal to meet her grandfather when she was kidnapped by miscreants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'