Abducted youth murdered despite ransom being paid
Bahraich: A 19-year-old youth who was
kidnapped for ransom was killed and his body thrown into a
canal by the abductors despite the ransom money being paid by
his family members, police said on Tuesday, claiming that they have
succeeded in nabbing the culprits.
Two persons were arrested today after being traced on
electronic surveillance, the police said, adding that they
have confessed their involvement in the killing.
Efforts are on to find the body which the accused say
they disposed off in a canal in neighbouring Lakhimpur Kheri
A police team has been sent to fish out the body from the
canal, they said.
Pervez, the grandson of a wholesale cloth merchant in
Mihipurwa Bazar area, was missing since August 5 and the
family had received a ransom call demanding Rs six lakh which
they paid to the kidnappers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump denounces illegal immigrants as tensions flare
- Regardless of N-deal, primary American embargo on Iran to stay: US Treasury Department
- UK PM Cameron says EU referendum turnout is greatest concern for 'In'
- US states sue White House over transgender bathroom use
- Congress plans nationwide media blitz against 2 years of NDA's 'misrule'; to release film, booklet