Abductors kill minor boy in Kapur
Kanpur: The mutilated body of an 11-year-old boy, who had gone missing four days back, was recovered from a defunct brick kiln in the Jarkala village here, police said.
The boy Gulshan`s body was recovered on Monday after the three abductors, arrested on Sunday through call surveillance, revealed they had already murdered the kid, police said.
The accused Anurag, Gulab and Shaloo, who were from the same Vidhnoo locality, admitted before the police that they killed the boy when they got no ransom money.
Gulshan`s family was receiving ransom calls ever since the boy went missing under mysterious circumstances on May 11 and had also accused the police of not taking their plight seriously.
They also alleged that the police, out of sheer ignorance, lodged a missing report despite being told that they were getting ransom calls.
The police, however, have said it is probing the matter and strict action will be taken against those found guilty of dereliction of duty.
"We are probing the matter and strict action will be taken if anyone is found guilty of dereliction," DIG Amitabh Yash said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials