Abductors kill minor boy in Kapur
Kanpur: The mutilated body of an 11-year-old boy, who had gone missing four days back, was recovered from a defunct brick kiln in the Jarkala village here, police said.
The boy Gulshan`s body was recovered on Monday after the three abductors, arrested on Sunday through call surveillance, revealed they had already murdered the kid, police said.
The accused Anurag, Gulab and Shaloo, who were from the same Vidhnoo locality, admitted before the police that they killed the boy when they got no ransom money.
Gulshan`s family was receiving ransom calls ever since the boy went missing under mysterious circumstances on May 11 and had also accused the police of not taking their plight seriously.
They also alleged that the police, out of sheer ignorance, lodged a missing report despite being told that they were getting ransom calls.
The police, however, have said it is probing the matter and strict action will be taken against those found guilty of dereliction of duty.
"We are probing the matter and strict action will be taken if anyone is found guilty of dereliction," DIG Amitabh Yash said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- After IITs, HRD Ministry hikes fees in NITs, IISERs
- Was Test captain Virat Kohli overruled by BCCI, CAC in India coach appointment?
- Swami Prasad Maurya is a traitor: Mayawati
- Gold slips from 26-month high, down Rs 485 on fall in demand
- Watch this video! Your stomach will churn as man puts 2 live vampire bats in mouth