About 1,080 cases solved at Lok Adalat in Greater Noida
Greater Noida: About 1,080 cases were solved in the district court complex here as District Legal Services Authority organised a Lok Adalat on Sunday, a DLSA official said on Monday.
881 petty criminal cases were solved, in which fine of Rs 2.70 lakh was recovered. 132 more cases were also solved under Negotiable Instruments Act, for which an amount of about Rs 45.68 lakh was involved.
Parties mutually reached settlement and cleared the dues payments before the court, the official said.
32 cases were solved under Electricity Act. Uttar Pradesh Power Corporation Limited recovered dues worth Rs 89,010 from their consumers while Noida Power Company Limited got Rs 90,481.
- Capitation fee is illegal; profiteering, commercialisation of education sector unacceptable: Supreme Court
- English Premier League: Euphoria on streets of Leicester as outsiders seal historic maiden title
- Nagaland HSLC (Class 10) Result 2016 to be declared shortly
- One trillion species on Earth and we know nothing
- US didn't trust Pakistan, so conducted Osama raid alone: Former CIA director Leon Panetta