About 1,080 cases solved at Lok Adalat in Greater Noida
Greater Noida: About 1,080 cases were solved in the district court complex here as District Legal Services Authority organised a Lok Adalat on Sunday, a DLSA official said on Monday.
881 petty criminal cases were solved, in which fine of Rs 2.70 lakh was recovered. 132 more cases were also solved under Negotiable Instruments Act, for which an amount of about Rs 45.68 lakh was involved.
Parties mutually reached settlement and cleared the dues payments before the court, the official said.
32 cases were solved under Electricity Act. Uttar Pradesh Power Corporation Limited recovered dues worth Rs 89,010 from their consumers while Noida Power Company Limited got Rs 90,481.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah