About 1,080 cases solved at Lok Adalat in Greater Noida
Greater Noida: About 1,080 cases were solved in the district court complex here as District Legal Services Authority organised a Lok Adalat on Sunday, a DLSA official said on Monday.
881 petty criminal cases were solved, in which fine of Rs 2.70 lakh was recovered. 132 more cases were also solved under Negotiable Instruments Act, for which an amount of about Rs 45.68 lakh was involved.
Parties mutually reached settlement and cleared the dues payments before the court, the official said.
32 cases were solved under Electricity Act. Uttar Pradesh Power Corporation Limited recovered dues worth Rs 89,010 from their consumers while Noida Power Company Limited got Rs 90,481.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Saraswati Puja on Vasant Panchami - Tithi, Muhurt and Vidhi
- Ranchi shocker: Teacher kills student because he was in love with her daughter