About 1,080 cases solved at Lok Adalat in Greater Noida
Greater Noida: About 1,080 cases were solved in the district court complex here as District Legal Services Authority organised a Lok Adalat on Sunday, a DLSA official said on Monday.
881 petty criminal cases were solved, in which fine of Rs 2.70 lakh was recovered. 132 more cases were also solved under Negotiable Instruments Act, for which an amount of about Rs 45.68 lakh was involved.
Parties mutually reached settlement and cleared the dues payments before the court, the official said.
32 cases were solved under Electricity Act. Uttar Pradesh Power Corporation Limited recovered dues worth Rs 89,010 from their consumers while Noida Power Company Limited got Rs 90,481.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security