About 5 lakh still affected in Uttar Pradesh due to floods
Lucknow: Despite a marginal improvement in the flood situation in Uttar Pradesh as
levels of water in rivers were receding, five lakh people in 653 villages were still affected across the state.
According to a report from the Relief Commissioner`s office today, as many as 4.91 lakh persons in 653 villages of Bahraich, Gonda, Barabanki, Lakhimpur Kheri, Shrawasti, Siddhartnagar, Azamgarh, Gorakhpur,Faizabad and Santkabirnagar districts were still adversely affected by floods.
As many as 150 villages of Bahraich were affected by floods although the level of Ghaghra has receded. The receding waters have led to massive erosion damaging houses and huts.
In Barabanki, 6,935 persons in 22 villages in Sirauli Gauspur tehsil were still camping on embankments and relief centres while 184 villages in Siddhartnagar were affected as NDRF teams and PAC were assisting in relief works.
As many as 108 villages were inundated in Sagdi tehsil of Azamgarh in Ghaghra waters and 15 relief camps have been set up there.
A population of over 59,000 in 110 villages was affected because of the high water level of Ghaghra, Rapti, Quano and Rohin rivers in Gorakhpur, it said.
A Central Water Commission report said that Rapti at Birdghat (Gorakhpur) and Burhi Rapti at Kakrahi in Siddhartnagar were flowing above the danger mark.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Watch: Unbelievable! Kapil Sharma thrown out of Aishwarya Rai’s vanity van
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa – Players to watch out for
- Know who replaced Katrina Kaif in film opposite Jackie Chan
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry