About 5 lakh still affected in Uttar Pradesh due to floods
Lucknow: Despite a marginal improvement in the flood situation in Uttar Pradesh as
levels of water in rivers were receding, five lakh people in 653 villages were still affected across the state.
According to a report from the Relief Commissioner`s office today, as many as 4.91 lakh persons in 653 villages of Bahraich, Gonda, Barabanki, Lakhimpur Kheri, Shrawasti, Siddhartnagar, Azamgarh, Gorakhpur,Faizabad and Santkabirnagar districts were still adversely affected by floods.
As many as 150 villages of Bahraich were affected by floods although the level of Ghaghra has receded. The receding waters have led to massive erosion damaging houses and huts.
In Barabanki, 6,935 persons in 22 villages in Sirauli Gauspur tehsil were still camping on embankments and relief centres while 184 villages in Siddhartnagar were affected as NDRF teams and PAC were assisting in relief works.
As many as 108 villages were inundated in Sagdi tehsil of Azamgarh in Ghaghra waters and 15 relief camps have been set up there.
A population of over 59,000 in 110 villages was affected because of the high water level of Ghaghra, Rapti, Quano and Rohin rivers in Gorakhpur, it said.
A Central Water Commission report said that Rapti at Birdghat (Gorakhpur) and Burhi Rapti at Kakrahi in Siddhartnagar were flowing above the danger mark.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video