About 5 lakh still affected in Uttar Pradesh due to floods
Lucknow: Despite a marginal improvement in the flood situation in Uttar Pradesh as
levels of water in rivers were receding, five lakh people in 653 villages were still affected across the state.
According to a report from the Relief Commissioner`s office today, as many as 4.91 lakh persons in 653 villages of Bahraich, Gonda, Barabanki, Lakhimpur Kheri, Shrawasti, Siddhartnagar, Azamgarh, Gorakhpur,Faizabad and Santkabirnagar districts were still adversely affected by floods.
As many as 150 villages of Bahraich were affected by floods although the level of Ghaghra has receded. The receding waters have led to massive erosion damaging houses and huts.
In Barabanki, 6,935 persons in 22 villages in Sirauli Gauspur tehsil were still camping on embankments and relief centres while 184 villages in Siddhartnagar were affected as NDRF teams and PAC were assisting in relief works.
As many as 108 villages were inundated in Sagdi tehsil of Azamgarh in Ghaghra waters and 15 relief camps have been set up there.
A population of over 59,000 in 110 villages was affected because of the high water level of Ghaghra, Rapti, Quano and Rohin rivers in Gorakhpur, it said.
A Central Water Commission report said that Rapti at Birdghat (Gorakhpur) and Burhi Rapti at Kakrahi in Siddhartnagar were flowing above the danger mark.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark