Absconding SP MLA arrested in UP minister attack case
Lucknow: Absconding SP MLA Vijay Mishra,
who was allegedly involved in last year`s attack on UP cabinet
minister Nand Gopal Nandi, was on Tuesday arrested by Special Task
Force in Delhi, a senior officer said here.
Uttar Pradesh government had announced an award of Rs
2.5 lakh on the arrest of Mishra, who has 62 cases, including
15 of murder and seven of attempt to murder, registered
against him in Bhadohi, Allahabad and Mirzapur.
Mishra was arrested near Anand Lok in Hauz Khas area
in the national capital, Special Director General (law and
order) Brij Lal told reporters here.
Nandi was injured in an explosion in a two-wheeler on
July 12 when he along with some other persons was going to a
temple near his Bahadurganj residence in Allahabad.
"While Rakesh Malviya was killed on the spot,
Indian Express journalist Vijay Pratap Singh died during
treatment a few days later," Brij Lal said.
He said that while an accused in the case Purshottam
Dubey was arrested in Allahabad in August, three others Anand
Shandilya alias Rajesh Pilot, Prem Sagar Pandey and Yagya
Narain Mishra were arrested from Mumbai.
"During interrogation, Pilot confirmed the involvement
of Mishra and his relative and former block head Dilip
Mishra," Lal said.
He said investigations revealed that the MLA had been
moving in Karnataka, Maharashtra, Mumbai, Kolkata, Delhi,
Rajasthan and Gujarat.
"When we enquired about his property, it was revealed
that he has properties in Anand Lok, Defence Colony and Jasola
and and Mishra used to frequent these places," Lal said.
"It was also revealed that Mishra was moving in
disguise of a sadhu with a long beard and cannot be identified
easily," he added.
Lal said that on the basis of investigation, the STF
team today finally arrested Mishra.
"He will be brought to Lucknow on transit remand and
interrogated. Mishra has 15 murder and seven attempt to murder
cases against him," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Radhe Maa dances at casino in London, claims video
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Lalu Prasad Yadav challenges Narendra Modi over 'shaitan' comment, demands PM's apology