Accused in rape case sent to 14 days judicial custody
Muzaffarnagar: A man accused of raping a seven-year-old girl has been sent to 14 days judicial custody by a court here today.
The accused identified as Mehmood was produced in special court of Protection of Children from Sexual Offence (POCSO), which sent him to judicial custody of 14 days.
The minor girl was allegedly raped by two youths at a mango orchard in Riyawli village in the district yesterday.
While Mehmood was arrested yesterday, the other accused is absconding.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details