Accused in rape case sent to 14 days judicial custody
Muzaffarnagar: A man accused of raping a seven-year-old girl has been sent to 14 days judicial custody by a court here today.
The accused identified as Mehmood was produced in special court of Protection of Children from Sexual Offence (POCSO), which sent him to judicial custody of 14 days.
The minor girl was allegedly raped by two youths at a mango orchard in Riyawli village in the district yesterday.
While Mehmood was arrested yesterday, the other accused is absconding.
- Delhi-Faizabad Express derails near Hapur; 70 injured, emergency number issued
- VVIP chopper deal probe: CBI to grill former-IAF chief SP Tyagi, his 2 brothers today; major set-back for Sonia Gandhi?
- Colombia deports top Peruvian crime lord
- After a half-century wait, first US cruise ship leaves Miami for Cuba
- Tear gas in Paris, Istanbul as tensions erupt on May Day